Saturday, May 2, 2009

First Weekend Post

Welcome to the first weekend post of Diary of a Wallet. I wish I could say I had a structure in mind for this, but I really don't, and honestly, I'm rarely even AT the computer on the weekends, so unless I get myself organized (hah!) and write in advance, it's unlikely that there will be many weekend postings. However, I wanted to get caught up and account for myself for the last two days' worth of spending, regardless. Thursday's Wallet
  • $25.38 gasoline

This particular purchase was fraught with ... difficulty and I'm much less likely to fill up at that particular station in the near future, where I had been using it pretty regularly. It's usually got some of the lowest gas prices in the part of town which is a big plus, but it's an unattended station which can have it's drawbacks as you shall see.

I pulled up on the right side of the eastern most pump, #6. There was a woman on the opposite side using pump #7. Plunked my card in, selected the correct pump # and the display informed me it was already in use. Huh? No, I can see quite clearly that it's not: my car is next to it, the pump handle is in it's cradle, no liquid issues forth. I tried a couple times more with the same result. So I waited for the lady at #7 to finish thinking the computer was confused, but no. Same result after she had cradled her handle. After she left, I pulled around to the other side and had success... only it was going sooooo slowly. It took probably 5 minutes to fill my wee little 15 gallon tank which was indeed dang near empty. It was slow enough not to trigger the handle shut-off when my tank was full, so I got to pay for the gas spilt on the ground as well. Fortunately, I caught that fairly quickly and, as I said, it was really slow, so there just wasn't much spillage. THEN, there was no receipt printed. PLUS, I had broken a nail when I yanked the handle out of my tank. Computer error, no receipt, overfill, and broken nail. No, I wasn't a happy camper when I left, but at least I left with a full tank.

The better news? That's ALL I spent Thursday, go me!

I was actually shooting for a Zero Spending day on Friday, and I did get close, but:

Friday's Wallet

  • $4.00 B&T for a BLT
  • $2.00 beer

BG and her boyfriend had intended to go to a drive-in movie last night, but for whatever reason, they chose not to and came home instead, which was cool; I like spending time with them. However, I hadn't planned on fixing supper, as LG was with her dad for the night, and I'd expected BG to be out for the evening. Thus, I had nothing defrosted to prepare for them. BG can be pretty picky about her meals and isn't a big fan of sammich meats which we did have on hand so she got the notion in her head for a BLT which was a fabulous idea. The two pounds of Blue & Gold bacon I bought from someone's fundraiser was still in the freezer, and we only had one wee little roma tomato, so they went to the grocery store to pick up those things. I gave them the last $6 cash I had in my wallet and got $2 back.

By the time she got all the bacon fried up, my ride had arrived. The Niece and her boyfriend, T1 (of T&T) and I were set to go hear our favorite band play in the next town over. I contributed my remaining $2 to the beer pot and proceded to mooch from my friends the rest of the evening. Thank goodness they love me! I do try to pitch in now and then, but it never feels enough, in either frequency or quantity, to balance out how well my friends take care of me. The boyfriend, JH, got to jam with the band, I got to sing backup on my fave song, and shared some really... innuendo laden moments with two of the guys from the band. Rare for them to be quite that friendly with me, as they're both married, but it was fun and all innocent, and nobody went home with anyone they weren't supposed to.

Some days lately, I really despise being single, and other days I relish it. If I could actually go on a date in the near future, it might be less despicable. Yes, I'd like to play the field for a while, but it appears to be all rained out.

And now I have an oven to go clean, joy.

hh.

No comments:

Post a Comment